Looking for a Paralegal or legal support staff? To post a job listing with SVPA, click here.
This position provides legal and software applications support to paralegals and lawyers, using database software, such as Excel and Access, and will perform a variety of duties to assist health care lawyers with litigation, regulatory, and transactional matters. The individual must be able to work independently in an environment that is heavily computer-based, follow established client and team guidelines for case and matter management, maintain positive contact with clients, and observe confidentiality of client matters. This position is under the direction of the Paralegal Services Department.
Qualified candidates will have the following skills/proficiencies:
• Assist with electronic document productions using database management software. Must be an advanced user in litigation applications such as Relativity, Trial Director, and Concordance
• Must have advanced expertise in e-discovery and data management of high volume document collection and review, including exchanging documents via clean rooms, secure FTP sites, and other secure work spaces
• Assist with managing high volume of documents for transaction matters, including contract negotiations and due diligence
• Ability to liaise with experts for communication/transmission of statistical analysis and manipulation
• Complete understanding of the litigation process, especially large case management; manage all facets of case from discovery through trial
• Assist with document reviews for responsiveness; identify privileged documents, documents for redaction, and case issues in context
• Prepare and maintain document and transcript databases in various formats
• Will provide hearing, deposition, and trial support, and must have in-courtroom trial/arbitration experience
• Power user of Microsoft Office Suites including Access, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint
• Power user of Adobe Acrobat
• Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of personnel, including attorneys and other paralegals and assistants, sharing information, goals, and opportunities accordingly
• Must be a flexible, proactive, self-starter, in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and timelines; ability to work under tight deadlines on detailed tasks
• Must pay attention to details and have the ability to follow up and follow through
• Bachelor’s degree with a 3.5 GPA
• Approximately 4-8 years of defense litigation experience and/or litigation support in a mid-to- large size law firm
• Strong, concise communication and written skills
• Able to work overtime, including weekends; travel will be necessary
• Able to lift boxes that weigh up to 20 lbs.; able to sit or stand for long periods of time
Resumes may be submitted through the King & Spalding careers website at http://www.kslaw.com/careers/Professional-Staff/Careers.
Green & Hall is a civil litigation/construction defect law firm. Its Roseville office is looking for a full-time litigation paralegal with a minimum of 4 years of experience. The candidate must possess a strong knowledge of legal forms, procedures, and court rules, as well as have trial experience. The ideal candidate will be able to perform legal research/writing, draft pleadings and discovery, including page-line summaries and motions in limine. The position requires excellent organizational and computer skills, with specific knowledge in Word, Outlook, Excel, and Legal Solutions. Green & Hall offers a competitive salary & benefits in a friendly/casual and interesting work environment.
Resumes will be accepted via email to email@example.com or fax to (916)367-7491, attn: Director of Human Resources.
Legal Case File Assistant
Core Duties Include:
* Communicating with Clients by telephone, fax, and email. This is a PRIMARY part of the job. You need to be willing to proactively contact clients by telephone on a regular basis.
* Organizing, Tracking, and Maintaining Case Files.
* Completely fluent in and experienced with MS Office, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook and have a general comfort with technology.
* Scanning and Filing Documents as necessary.
* Assisting with Overflow Calls when needed and providing General Administrative Support as necessary.
* Someone who finds a fast-paced environment exciting and a challenge.
* Someone with a “can-do” attitude and with the initiative to find out if s/he doesn’t know how to do something, who enjoys responsibility and taking “ownership” of tasks.
* Someone who is organized, detail-oriented, has excellent time management skills, and the ability to prioritize work while “going with the flow” of urgent things that come up during the day.
* Excellent written and verbal communication.
* Dependable, Reliable, and Punctual.
Please email resume with cover letter to: Christa@ashtonandprice.com
Seeking a full-time receptionist / administrative assistant with at least one-year of experience as a receptionist. Person must have strong multi-line phone experience, excellent communication skills, a pleasant phone voice, professional appearance and a positive attitude. The successful candidate must possess strong computer skills, including MS Word and Outlook, and must be able to perform general administrative duties. Bilingual in Spanish is a plus. Duties include handling the phone lines, support to administrative and legal staff, filing, typing, data entry, greeting visitors and other administrative and legal support duties as assigned.
Please email resume with cover letter to: Christa@ashtonandprice.com
Part Time Paralegal – Estate Planning
Capitol Wealth Management has been providing financial and estate planning for over 25 years in the Sacramento region. Our services include estate legal services, asset management, financial planning, employee benefits and insurance services. We are looking for a part-time paralegal to work on an as-needed basis to assist in the preparation of wills, trusts and other estate planning documents. We offer a flexible work environment in a great location with competitive pay based on experience. You will be drafting estate planning documents including Wills, Trusts, Durable Power of Attorneys, etc. We ask for 2-3 years’ experience as a paralegal in estate planning and prefer that you are familiar with Lexus Nexus California Wills and Trusts Drafting System or similar drafting system. Paralegal Certificate or Bachelor’s degree in related field.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment Litigation Paralegal
Midsize mid-town labor and employment boutique law firm is seeking an experienced paralegal to work on a contract basis with attorneys on all aspects of their practice. Primary responsibilities to include drafting correspondence, preparing pleadings and responding to discovery, research for briefs and motions, data compilation, file maintenance as well as organization and preparation for trial. Ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience. Client contact and witness interview experience along with strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Work, Power Point, and Outlook), Adobe Acrobat and Westlaw.
This Sacramento firm offers a competitive hourly rate.
Please email your resume and a brief cover letter including hourly salary requirements and availability to SacLawFirmReply@gmail.com.
Estate Planning Paralegal for Relaxed Practice in Lincoln
Seeking Estate Planning Paralegal for small relaxed law firm in historic area of downtown Lincoln. This individual will often be the first point of contact for clients by phone and in office and must be professional as well as service and customer-oriented. Flexible hours possible. This is a chance to earn competitive pay while working in a relaxed law office in a safe, uncongested area of Placer County.
· Under the guidance of a licensed attorney:
· Manage the firm’s overall estate planning process
· Assist with the drafting and reviewing of legal documents
· Manage estate administration and probate calendars
· Conduct research to support legal proceedings
· Monitor and ensure compliance with state and federal regulations
· Record and store client information in client document management system
· Previous experience as a paralegal or other legal field
· 2 year associate degree and/or paralegal certificate preferred
· Experience with all aspects of estate planning, estate administration and probate procedures and workflow
· Ability to prioritize and multitask
· Excellent computer, written and verbal communication skills
· Experience with Adobe Pro and case management and document management systems required
· Deadline and detail-oriented
I treat all my clients like family and our referrals are exploding. I need an experienced paralegal to partner with me to grow the practice. Please send your email of interest and a resume to email@example.com