Looking for a Paralegal or legal support staff? To post a job listing with SVPA, click here.
Duggan Law Corporation is seeking an experienced litigation paralegal/secretary with 2 years of litigation experience. We are a busy, but collegial firm with competitive pay and benefits and are looking for a talented paralegal/secretary to join our team.
•Ability to prepare complex law and motion documents, and other pleadings.
• Thorough knowledge of litigation calendaring and service requirements.
• Some experience with transactional matters, i.e. formation of corporations and LLC’s.
• Work well with clients and assist the assigned attorneys in balancing multiple advice and counsel and litigation tasks.
• Proficiency with computer programs: MS Office Suite
Required Experience: 2 years a plus, but not required.
Please forward your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bilingual Paralegal (English/Spanish)
The Sacramento County Public Law Library is seeking a Bilingual Paralegal (English/Spanish) to become a full-time member of the Law Library’s Administration Team. To find more information about the library’s programs and services visit www.saclaw.org.
Purpose of Position
Paralegal assists self-represented litigants with general civil legal matters including assisting in the completion of legal forms, answering the public’s procedural questions regarding civil legal matters and providing education to the public about their rights and responsibilities under the law.
This position is on the Administration Team. The Director is the team leader and supervisor.
The primary responsibilities of the Paralegal are Administrative and clerical. Must speak and write fluent Spanish.
• Assists clients of the Civil Self Help Center with the completion of Judicial Council forms and other legal documents.
• Provides clients with procedural and general legal information regarding civil legal matters.
• Assists with the determination of the type of legal assistance and information that each client will receive at the Self Help Center.
• Assists with the development of self-help materials and translation of existing materials into Spanish.
• Provides self-help legal materials and informational brochures/handouts/packets to clients of the Self Help Center.
• Advises clients of the Civil Self Help Center to appropriate agencies.
• Assists the Law Library staff with Civil Self Help Center “triage” screening clients and helping them with completing initial intake forms.
• Assists Law Library staff in scheduling appointments.
• Assists with the development of workshops that assist/educate clients on various legal matters in both English and Spanish.
• Conducts workshops on legal information for clients of the Self Help Center.
• Maintains records and statistics concerning the Civil Self Help Center.
• Keeps the Director informed of any issues that might arise affecting the efficiency and effectiveness of the Self Help Center and the quality of services provided to the Self Help Center’s clients.
• Assists in maintaining the office equipment.
• Utilizes word processing and other applications, including Excel and Essential Forms.
• Assists with stocking and ordering office supplies.
• Prepares minutes and reports.
• Requests library facility and equipment maintenance service calls when needed.
• Develops and maintains Self Help Center procedures.
• Updates, trains, and cross-trains appropriate staff on changes in operations.
• Performs additional duties essential to the achievement of effective operations.
• Participates in professional associations and attends institutes, workshops, classes, training and meetings particularly those that will build knowledge of and competency with respect to legal resources.
• Makes recommendations to Director of resources that may benefit in the development of the CSHC for SCPLL.
• Remains up-to-date with a broad range of legal developments and resources.
Qualifications and Core Competencies
Education and experience — Associate degree, Paralegal certificate and a minimum of three years of directly related experience.
Customer Service — Enjoys working with people; delivers excellent customer service; understands and identifies customers’ needs and responds quickly and appropriately; ability to interact with staff and users of all backgrounds and types in a pleasant and professional manner.
Teamwork — Form effective work relationships and proactively communicates with colleagues; cooperates and works independently; builds relationships and works collaboratively across and within organizational boundaries to achieve common goals.
Other abilities, skills, and knowledge
• Ability to communicate effectively with all library staff and customers.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Significant experience using Word and Excel.
• Ability to prioritize tasks in order to complete responsibilities in a timely fashion.
• Ability to follow through with projects and instructions.
• Good written and spoken Standard English.
• Good written and spoken Spanish.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Starting salary ranges between $3247.73 – $3,410.12 per month plus excellent benefits. An insurance subsidy of $987 per month may be used toward the library’s cafeteria plan benefits. Cafeteria options include choice of several health plans, dental plan, short-term disability, life and other supplemental insurance plans, and a flexible spending account for medical and family care reimbursement. CalPERS retirement plan includes 6.25% employee contribution, optional 457 deferred compensation plan, employer paid long-term disability, and rapid transit subsidies. 14 paid holidays, vacation accrual first three years is 6.7 hours per month, sick leave accrual 10 hours per month.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit resume and three references to: Coral Henning, email@example.com; Sacramento County Public Law Library, 609 9th Street, Sacramento, CA 95814. Resumes received by January 15, 2018 will be given first consideration.
Legal Administrative Specialist
The United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of California is seeking an experienced Legal Administrative Specialist (Litigation Support) to fill a vacancy in the Criminal Division in our Sacramento office. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to): providing technical advice to litigation teams on legal automation requirements and systems capabilities to facilitate litigation decisions, discovery production, trial preparation and trial presentation; performing tasks such as scanning documents into and organizing, indexing, and controlling them in a database for efficient retrieval through automated means; creating and managing electronic case databases for large complex cases with voluminous discovery and digital evidence; preparing and presenting digital exhibits and visual materials at trial using the most advanced trial presentation programs; and, using and appropriately employing a variety of software packages including database, spreadsheet and word processing applications such as: Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, Trial Director, Relativity, Eclipse, Time Map, Case Map, eScanit.
Applicants who are interested must apply directly to the vacancy announcement on the USAJobs website at the following link https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485618200. This vacancy closes on 12/22/2017.