Looking for a Paralegal or legal support staff? To post a job listing with SVPA, click here.
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world’s leading global law firms with almost 4000 lawyers and staff in 30 offices is seeking a Paralegal for the Corporate and Business Transactions group reporting to the Paralegal Manager. This position will reside in the Palo Alto, California office and will be responsible for providing assistance to attorneys with:
• drafting documents for formation of new entities, board and stockholder actions;
• stock option plan implementation and administration; CapMX or eShares experience desired;
• venture capital financing documentation, coordination and closings;
• maintaining minute books, corporate records and stock ledgers;
• “blue sky” and other state and federal filings;
• due diligence production and/or review;
• drafting of miscellaneous transaction documents;
• coordination of due diligence and documentation for equity financings and merger and acquisition transactions.
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
• A minimum of three (3) years of transactional paralegal experience
• The ability to handle the multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced and highly-collaborative team environment
• Proficiency with MS Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel is required; working knowledge of filing agencies, Blue Sky and state/federal filing requirements strongly desired.
• Highly organized and service-oriented, with strong attention to detail.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Qualified candidates must apply online at: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25936&siteid=5172&AReq=1143BR&Codes=W-LINKEDIN
Morgan Lewis is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
PARALEGAL – to the Honorable Consuelo M. Callahan, U.S. Circuit Judge, Sacramento, California
SALARY: JSP Grade 9 $53,692 – $69,803; JSP Grade 10 $59,128 – $76,870; JSP Grade 11 $64,961 – $84,446 (depending on qualifications and salary)
CLOSING DATE: Position open until filled Applications reviewed as received; priority given to applications received by June 27, 2017.
START DATE: July 2017
The Paralegal is a permanent staff member in the Judge’s chambers. The successful candidate will have a pleasant and positive attitude, excellent organizational skills, the ability to act as the institutional memory of a small office with a staff of law clerks, most of whom stay a year or two, and the initiative to ensure smooth-running operations when the Judge is out of the office.
The Paralegal performs administrative and legal duties using legal terminology, procedures, and documents. Paralegals assist the judge in the daily activities of the office, performing administrative management, legal, and related paralegal duties as assigned by the Judge. These include cite checking, drafting orders in both civil and criminal cases, proof-reading, and maintaining electronic case files and databases. Additionally the Paralegal will receive and assist visitors; answer phones and screen calls; prepare correspondence and reports; assist the Judge in managing and preparing her involvement with various judicial committees and events; and maintain office functionality, from ordering supplies to coordinating technical assistance.
The Paralegal is also responsible for the administrative aspects of preparing the Judge for calendar, including but not limited to electronic bench books that are prepared and placed on the Judge’s iPad. Technological sophistication is required to adapt to the current practices of chambers and the court. Other duties include performing case checks for potential conflicts of interest, organizing calendar materials, acquiring and returning court records, reminding clerks of critical deadlines, maintaining a database, preparing expense reports, making travel arrangements, filing, and submitting the Judge’s annual financial disclosure and non-case-related travel reports. Previous experience in reviewing attorney expense reports is desired.
The Paralegal is also importantly tasked with the management and scheduling of the Judge’s complex calendar, ensuring that the Judge is aware of and prepared for all commitments and appointments. This includes regular monitoring of the Judge’s calendar to avoid any potential double-setting of calendar events.
∙ Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or a paralegal certificate from an accredited paralegal program. See further qualification levels, below.
∙ Must possess a strong legal, administrative or paralegal background.
∙ Excellent organization, communication and administrative skills.
∙ Computer proficiency with word processing, email, legal research and database maintenance.
∙ Proficiency with making travel arrangements and submitting expense reports.
∙ Excellent command of English grammar and spelling.
∙ Ability to work collegially in a small working environment.
∙ Integrity, character, and good judgment.
Grade JS 9: 1 year of specialized work experience.* ;Grade JS 10: 2 years of specialized work experience.* ;Grade JS 11: 3 years of specialized work experience*, or a juris doctor (JD) from a law school of recognized standing.
* Specialized work experience is defined as experience that is in or closely related to the work of the position that has provided the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.
Prior federal court experience; Experience with Court procedure or an interest in learning.
∙ Federal pension plan and optional employer-matching Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401K).
∙ 10 paid holidays per year; up to 13 days of paid vacation for the first three years, increasing with tenure thereafter; 13 sick days accrued per year.
∙ Choice of a variety of employer-subsidized federal health and life insurance plans. Optional dental, vision, and long-term care coverage.
∙ Flexible spending account allows you to pay out-of-pocket health and dependent care expenses with tax-free dollars.
∙ Mass transit subsidy.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Must be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident in the process of applying for citizenship. Positions with the U.S. Courts are excepted service appointments. Excepted service appointments are “at will” and can be terminated with or without cause by the Court. Employees will be hired provisionally pending the results of a background investigation and fingerprinting. Employees are subject to the Judicial Code of Conduct. Direct deposit of pay required. The U.S. Court of Appeals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABOUT THE COURT
The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals is one of 12 federal appellate courts. Circuit courts hear appeals from the district (trial) courts located within their circuit, as well as appeals from decisions of federal administrative agencies. Headquartered in San Francisco with courthouses in Pasadena, Seattle and Portland, the Court serves nine western states, Guam and the Mariana Islands.
Please submit a resume and a detailed cover letter which clearly demonstrates why you are the best person for this position, along with 3 references to: email@example.com.
To ensure consideration, please submit these materials by June 27, 2017. Only candidates selected for an interview will be notified. Unsuccessful candidates will not receive notice. Applicants scheduled for interviews should advise the Human Resources department if any accommodation will be necessary to interview, must travel at their own expense, and relocation expenses will not be reimbursed. The Court reserves the right to modify the conditions of this job announcement, withdraw the announcement, or fill the position at any time, any of which may occur without prior written or other notice.
Molsby & Bordner, LLP (MOBO LAW), a law firm with 8 attorneys and offices in Truckee, Sacramento, Reno and South Lake Tahoe is seeking an experienced paralegal to work in our Sacramento office. We handle California and Nevada matters. We are a litigation and transactional-based firm that handles civil matters such as business law, construction law, corporate law, estate planning, labor law, real estate law, wrongful foreclosure, family law, bankruptcy, defense matters involving recreation, etc. We handle select personal injury cases. We do not handle criminal law or worker’s compensation matters. Please visit www.mobolaw.com if you are interested.
The ideal candidate will be smart and have 5 or more years of experience in a law firm. You must have a professional appearance and excellent communication skills. Applicant must be very experienced with filing, research, calendaring, Word and Excel. Experience with pleadings, discovery, legal forms, court filing, process service and research software is required. A notary is also preferred.
Compensation package – wage will range from $16-25/hr. DOE and will include great medical, dental, and vision benefits, an incredible retirement plan, and paid vacation and sick leave, etc. after a probationary period.
Check us out online at www.mobolaw.com and if you seem like a good fit, email attorney Robin D. Shofner, Esq. at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, cover letter and a writing sample. Please do not telephone us as we are a very busy firm. The position is available immediately.
Estate planning/administration law office in Davis, California seeks experienced legal assistant/paralegal.
Wide range of duties including preparation (under attorney supervision) of legal documents, accounting and correspondence; greeting clients and scheduling appointments; organizing files. Requires high level communication and writing skills, attention to detail, and reliability. Four days per week. Compensation depends on experience.
Send resume and statement of interest to Law Office of Michael R. Peterson, email@example.com.
The Law Office of Alexandria Goff, PC is looking for a full-time Paralegal/Legal Assistant to join our growing estate planning firm to assist in the preparation of trusts, wills and other estate planning documents, and Probate matters.
• Drafting various legal documents including but not limited to Judicial Council Forms, Motions, Pleadings, Petitions, Affidavits/Declarations, Court Orders, Discovery, Subpoenas, Agreements and Proof of Service Declarations.
• Knowledge of Judicial Council forms, Local Forms, Local Rules & Legal Calendaring Timelines and Case Management.
• Assist with document reviews for identifying and prioritizing issues for completion.
• Conduct legal research.
• Knowledge of California State/County Court filing requirements and online website resources.
• Open, maintain and close client files (both paper & electronic).
• Perform telephone intake, initial case assessment and document review.
• Photocopy, collate, scan and related functions.
• Process-review-understand case time billing, make travel arrangements, process reimbursement expenses, maintain office calendar, and other administrative duties, as needed by the attorney.
• Self-motivated, able to work independently as needed and work along side the office team.
• Strong verbal skills with the ability to communicate with clients, other counsel, court clerks, financial entity personnel and various local and government agencies.
• Strong writing skills needed to correspond with clients, government agencies and draft various legal communication documents.
• Strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Word (including mail merge templates), Excel, PDF Software, Legal Calendaring Software and Legal Time Tracking software.
• Able to lift boxes that weigh up to 20 lbs. and able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
• Able to reach above head.
• Dependable, reliable and punctual.
Job Requirements – To be considered for this position, you will need to meet one of the requirements below:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in any subject, and a minimum of one year paralegal/legal assistant experience supported by attorney letter of reference; or
• An Associate’s Degree in Paralegal/Legal Assistant Studies and a minimum of two years’ paralegal/legal assistant experience supported by attorney letter of reference.
The Law Office of Alexandria Goff, PC offers a competitive salary in a friendly/casual and interesting work environment and is willing to train the right applicant in our area of law.
Send us your resume in Word and PDF format, cover letter, paralegal certificate or attorney certification, most recent MCLE record, and a brief legal writing sample. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Law Office of Alexandria Goff, PC is an equal opportunity employer. Submissions will be accepted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.