Looking for a Paralegal or legal support staff? To post a job listing with SVPA, click here.
Seeking a seasoned, mature paralegal who will work directly with me in my consulting business in a full-time capacity. I currently consult with a variety of clients from the media and tech industries as well as select non-profits. I serve as the General Counsel for one of my clients, a global, tech company. These are long-term, ongoing projects.
The right person is extremely well organized with great attention to detail and is also a quick learner. Among other things, the role involves being responsible for processing all of the legal requests made of a global client. It requires reading/analyzing and understanding requirements for court orders, subpoena’s and preservation requests and auditing documents produced to ensure it meets the requirements of such requests. There will also be legal research and special projects. In addition, the right person would work with me to further establish and manage solid legal processes and procedures for these areas, including interacting with and directing a global team.
The ideal candidate is very detail oriented, can do legal research and writing, can work on a team as well as independently, takes ownership for their learning of new things and enjoys this type of work. They also should enjoy helping establish a solid foundation for me, my business and the work that we do for clients.
The position will provide the ability to work from home and work on varied and interesting projects, many of which are cutting edge such as corporate privacy and compliance work.
A minimum of 8+ years experience as a paralegal that includes, among other things:
• legal research;
• legal writing such as letters/memorandums and/or briefs;
• experience establishing/organization/managing legal documents such as contract management; and
• tracking/analyzing/reviewing and following up on court orders/subpoenas.
Confident communication skills, desire to be a foundation and support for a business, strong attention to detail and excellent skills as a partner to an attorney. In addition, you must have your own computer and ability to work successfully and independently from home.
This position is currently open. I’m recruiting for the right person and will take the time needed to find the best fit for both parties. I want this person to be just as happy as I am about working together.
If you believe this is right for you, please send your resume and information to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paralegal – Regulatory Compliance
Sacramento-area company is looking for a paralegal with 2-5 years of experience in compliance issues, including analyzing statutes and regulations and performing document and contract review.
Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree is preferred. ABA approved paralegal program completion required.
Qualified candidates, please send confidential resume to email@example.com.
Estate Planning Paralegal – Sacramento
Weintraub Tobin Law Corporation is actively seeking a full-time (40 hours/week) Estate Planning Paralegal to assist the Firm’s Trusts and Estates practice group. This position will support 2-3 Trusts and Estates/Estate Planning attorneys and will be based out of our Sacramento office. This is a great opportunity for an experienced, detail oriented, and charismatic professional to join a progressive and growing firm.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Draft and prepare estate planning documents including wills, trusts, powers of attorney for health care and property management and designation of guardians
• Assist in preparation of estate tax returns
• Prepare and record deeds with accompanying transfer documents
• Accompany supervising attorney(s) in meeting with clients
• Interface regularly with clients via phone and email
• Assist clients in funding their trusts
• Handle trust and probate administration from opening to closing the estate, as well as, valuating estate assets and drafting court forms, petitions, and orders.
• Handle court filings
• Additional duties as assigned by supervising attorneys and/or firm management.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Strong client focus and interpersonal skills
• Ability to demonstrate empathy and compassion when interfacing with clients
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Ability to exercise a high level of discretion and independent judgement
• Flexibility in dealing with multiple projects and assignments
• Strong follow-up and follow-through skills
• Proven track record of reliable attendance and punctuality
• Organization and time management skills
• College degree preferred
• Paralegal certificate preferred
• 5+ years of experience with drafting estate planning documents
• 5+ years of experience in estate planning, trust administration, and estate and probate administration
• Current and working knowledge of foundational estate planning
• Solid drafting and proofreading skills
• Advanced operation and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Self-motivated and able to work independently.
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Firm is an equal opportunity employer. It is Firm policy to provide equal opportunities to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity, genetics, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. It is the intent of the Firm to comply with all applicable federal and state laws with respect to fair employment practices. The Firm will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability or medical condition or for an employee’s religious beliefs provided the accommodation does not cause undue hardship to the Firm. Any applicant or employee with a qualifying disability or medical condition, or a religious practice, that requires an accommodation in order for the employee to perform the essential function of his or her job, should contact the Human Resources to discuss it further so the Firm can determine if a reasonable accommodation exists and can be provided.
Please e-mail your resume, cover letter and salary history/requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Low McKinley Baleria & Salenko, LLP is seeking an experienced legal secretary with 5-7 years of recent experience in insurance defense or medical malpractice. The candidate must possess excellent organizational skills, able to work independently, compose documents, editing and excellent proof reading skills. The candidate must also have strong knowledge of civil and law and motion procedures. Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office and work as a team. The firm offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Robyn Mitts, Office Administrator at email@example.com.
Real Estate Transaction Paralegal
Sacramento law firm seeks an experienced transaction paralegal to join its top rated real estate practice. Critical to the success of the department, this position supports the Firm’s major clients on large commercial transactions. Significant experience with and passion for commercial real estate transactions is a prerequisite. This position interacts with clients and escrow companies on a daily basis. Successful candidates will possess strong organizational and analytical skills with superior attention to detail, with demonstrated ability to prioritize deadlines. If you have 5+ years of real estate transaction experience and are ready to join Sacramento’s premier commercial real estate firm, read on.
- Assist attorneys in preparing and reviewing letters of intent, purchase and sale contracts, loan documents, leases, escrow papers, license agreements, easements, deeds, organizational charts and secretary of state filings.
- Conduct title review and prepare related title objection notices or responses. Work closely with escrow officers and title underwriters to address matters relating to removal of exceptions, endorsements and revisions to Owner’s and Lender’s title policies.
- Assist attorneys and clients with the ordering and reviewing of due diligence materials, inspections and reports, including building, roof and HVAC inspections, survey and environmental consultants.
- Research ownership history and obtain vesting information through local County databases and paid services.
- Coordinate the tracking and workflow of transaction related documents through the use of checklists, calendaring and spreadsheets.
- Work closely with attorneys, clients, lenders, and escrow, title and exchange companies to ensure closing documents are prepared, reviewed, executed and delivered in order to meet specific contract deadlines.
- Work with attorneys in the preparation of escrow instructions in both purchase and sale transactions and financing transactions.
Requirements: Undergraduate degree and Paralegal Certificate from an ABA Accredited Program. 5+ years’ experience in Commercial Real Estate law. Comprehensive knowledge of loan processes, all aspects of escrow and real estate documentation. Extensive experience working directly with clients. Excellent analytical, legal research, drafting and writing skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated resourcefulness and self-directed behavior. Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Superior organizational and project management skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Excellent compensation and benefits package. Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal Secretary or Paralegal – Estate Planning / Probate
Well-established estate planning and probate law firm seeks a motivated legal secretary or paralegal to provide assistance to multiple attorneys in Cameron Park.
Required skills and attributes:
• Strong attention to detail and organization
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and instruction under time constraints
• Superior interpersonal skills with a pleasant, professional demeanor and ability to work well with others and interact with clients
•Accurate typing skills of 50+ words per minute and proficient knowledge of WordPerfect, Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office
•Good grasp of technology, including excellent computer skills and utilizing office equipment
•Familiarity with Estate Planning (trusts, wills, powers of attorney, etc.), Trust Administration, Conservatorship and/or Probate procedures; County/State records research; and California Superior Court filing procedures
•Prepare and customize legal documents, standard correspondence, and forms; Proofread and format documents prepared by others
•Service mailings of legal documents; Preparation of court and recorder filings
•Prepare asset transfer documents, including deeds and entity-specific forms
•Calendar and track reminders and deadlines
•Perform other tasks as needed, in the spirit of cooperation and teamwork
Please submit your cover letter and resume, via email to: email@example.com, with the subject line reading: “Legal Secretary or Paralegal”. After reviewing applicants, we will contact qualified candidates to arrange interviews.