Looking for a Paralegal or legal support staff? To post a job listing with SVPA, click here.
Estate Planning Paralegal for Relaxed Practice in Lincoln
Seeking Estate Planning Paralegal for small relaxed law firm in historic area of downtown Lincoln. This individual will often be the first point of contact for clients by phone and in office and must be professional as well as service and customer-oriented. Flexible hours possible. This is a chance to earn competitive pay while working in a relaxed law office in a safe, uncongested area of Placer County.
· Under the guidance of a licensed attorney:
· Manage the firm’s overall estate planning process
· Assist with the drafting and reviewing of legal documents
· Manage estate administration and probate calendars
· Conduct research to support legal proceedings
· Monitor and ensure compliance with state and federal regulations
· Record and store client information in client document management system
· Previous experience as a paralegal or other legal field
· 2 year associate degree and/or paralegal certificate preferred
· Experience with all aspects of estate planning, estate administration and probate procedures and workflow
· Ability to prioritize and multitask
· Excellent computer, written and verbal communication skills
· Experience with Adobe Pro and case management and document management systems required
· Deadline and detail-oriented
I treat all my clients like family and our referrals are exploding. I need an experienced paralegal to partner with me to grow the practice. Please send your email of interest and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Scheduling Coordinator Manager
Do you have outstanding direction and leadership skills? Are you able to provide support, training, tools, and techniques to assist staff in achieving department goals and standards? If you answered yes, then we want to talk to you! ExamWorks is looking for a Scheduling Coordinator Manager for our Rancho Cordova, CA office. The Scheduling Coordinator Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operational duties of the Scheduling Department to ensure the timely scheduling and processing of examinations in the most effective and efficient way possible. Our Scheduling Coordinator Manager position is a multi-tasker’s dream. The perfect candidate will be able to run our office like a well-oiled machine. We are looking for candidates that are organized, can juggle a lot of tasks at one time works closely and work with upper management in the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and procedures. If you work well under pressure and thrive to meet deadlines, we want to talk to you!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
* Responsible to manage the department by ensuring all operations are handled timely with the highest level of quality and customer service and in the most effective and efficient manner possible.
* Responsible for ensuring the development, implementation and monitoring of all processes and procedures are executed as planned.
* As needed, handles any physician and/or client issues or complaints requiring management’s involvement.
* Ensures all client and examinee information is managed through IME Centric or office specific system databases.
* Ensures all chart preparation is completed within the required timeframe and that any issues or service requests are addressed prior to the scheduled examination.
* When required, communicates with physicians, clients and or examinees regarding any schedule changes, physician CV’s, appointment changes, no shows, cancellations, and receipt of medical records and/or images.
* Responsible to ensure all client invoice and/or issues related to billing is properly communicated with the accounting department.
* Ensures the proper resources for ancillary services such as interpretation, chaperones, transportation, and or exam site rentals are available for schedulers and handles any issues with required services.
* Delegates work as needed and provides backup as required.
* When necessary, determines areas requiring improvement and develops and implements solutions and strategies to ensure maximum quality and efficiency is achieved.
Directly supervise and carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with ExamWorks’ policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Carries out all managerial responsibilities in accordance with the company’s standards, policies, and all applicable employment laws.
* Provides support, training, tools, and techniques to assist staff in achieving department goals and standards.
* Oversees the completion of employee timecards and coordinates overtime needs with the supervisory management and staff as needed.
* Encourages positive morale, maintains harmony among staff and resolves grievances when necessary.
* Directs and actively participates in the departments hiring and employee separation needs.
* Communicates change effectively and prepares and supports those affected by change accordingly.
* Actively participates in observing employee performance and ensures the documentation of performance issues are completed as required.
* Actively provides employee recognition and ensures continuous encouragement and support.
* Supervise insubordinate staff as needed and initiate corrective or disciplinary actions as required.
* Ensure periodic performance feedback is communicated with all staff and address any performance concerns, recommendations for job placement and/or growth opportunities to the Director of Operations.
* Must possess managerial experience and proven leadership skills.
* Must demonstrate exceptional communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively and asking questions where clarification is needed.
* Ability to follow instructions and adhere to upper managements’ directions accurately.
* Must be knowledgeable in multiple software programs, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and the Internet.
* Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and monitors own work to ensure quality is met.
* Analyzes problems involving multiple interrelated causes. Where necessary, gathers information and applies complex concepts or methods to generate an effective solution.
* Must be able to take independent actions and calculated risks when needed.
* Uses good judgment and includes the appropriate people in the decision-making process
Please send resume to email@example.com or apply on line at examworks.com careers.
Insurance Defense Litigation Secretary
AV-Rated law firm seeking legal secretary with a minimum of 5 years of experience in the insurance defense field. Candidate must be a self-starter, have strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to work under pressure, multi-task and set priorities while meeting deadlines. Candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Office Word and Outlook. Firm offers competitive salary with excellent benefits package.
Please send resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Assistant I/II
The County of Calaveras Administration Department is seeking an Administrative Assistant I/II for a part-time limited term position with full benefits. The incumbent will serve as the clerk for the Office of Administrative Hearings. The clerk will be responsible for a variety of complex clerical duties, development of procedures, record keeping, document preparation, correspondence, and other tasks using personal computers and common office machinery and equipment related to the Medical Cannabis Cultivation Registration Program. This part-time position will be 20 hours a week with a schedule based on the administrative hearing schedule. This position is at-will and is expected to last up to 18 months. In the future, this positon has the potential to increase in hours based on the appeals caseload. Because of the legal nature of this administrative assistant position, candidates with law office or other legal experience, education and training are encouraged to apply. The projected start date for this position is May 1, 2017.
Administrative Assistant I
This is considered to be a specialty, paraprofessional classification. Incumbents will be assigned highly complex, advanced level administrative support responsibilities. Additionally, they will assume responsibility for coordination of assigned programs and will be expected to work independently with minimal direction.
Administrative Assistant II
This is a specialized classification, which performs a variety of management and administrative service functions. Incumbents will be assigned highly complex, advanced level administrative support responsibilities. Additionally, they will assume responsibility for coordination of assigned programs and will be expected to work independently with minimal direction.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
• Clerk of the officer of County Hearing officer shall be responsible for recruiting qualified neutral hearing officers.
• The Clerk shall be charged with the responsibility of assigning hearing officers using an alphabetical rotation or a computer-generated random draw to each scheduled hearing. Hearing dates will be set by Code Compliance as they are automatically set 16 days after service of Notice of Violation, Citation, Order to Abate, and Notice of Hearing form.
• The Clerk shall ensure that staff reports, and any evidence or written documents provided by appellants are provided by to the hearing officer prior to the hearing.
• The Clerk shall be responsible for preparing a docket for each scheduled hearing day and providing said docket to Code Enforcement staff, ensure that the Docket is posted on the appropriate website before the hearing, and make it available on the day of the hearing for those in attendance that hearing.
• The Clerk shall be present at the hearings and shall generate and maintain records of all proceedings of each hearing. Including reports, testimony of code enforcement officers and appellants, proposed orders, minutes of the hearings, identities of participating parties, orders after hearing, and a log containing proof of mailing of orders issued.
• Where appellants request continuances, the Clerk shall receive the request and convey the request to the hearing officer assigned to hearing for a determination of whether or not sufficient good cause for a continuance exists.
• Clerk shall ensure that the written findings of the hearing officer are mailed to or served upon interested parties, their attorneys of record, and the Building Department.
• Clerk shall establish procedures for paying the invoices when received of the hearing officers as they become due.
• Clerk shall make necessary preparations and procure necessary supplies for conducting administrative hearings.
Administrative Assistant I: General principles and practices of public administration, including budgeting, personnel and purchasing practices; methods of research and statistical data collection; modern office methodologies.
Administrative Assistant II: County policies, rules, and regulations; budget development and control; public and community relations; grant development and administration; administrative analysis; office management methods and procedures; principles of supervision, training and staff evaluation; purchasing practices, complex public agency accounting procedures.
Administrative Assistant I: Accurately gather and analyze data; organize and write reports; prepare and present recommendations before individuals and groups. Prepare documents, visual aides and other related items for use in oral and written presentations. Effectively operate a variety of modern office machines, including personal computers, do independent research and data collections for use in budget preparation and program management activities, establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
Administrative Assistant II: In addition to the above: Plan, organize, manage and perform administrative functions; exercise significant responsibility in the development and maintenance of the budget; gather, organize, analyze, and present a variety of data and information; prepare clear, concise and accurate reports and records; use a personal computer and appropriate software for administrative services functions; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
Education, Training and Experience:
Administrative Assistant I: Graduation from high school and equivalent to five years advanced-level clerical/bookkeeping experience. A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Public Administration, Accounting or a related field may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
Administrative Assistant II: Graduation from high school and equivalent to ten years advanced-level administrative and fiscal experience, preferably including experience in grant development and administration. A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Public Administration, Accounting or a related field may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
*Experience in the legal field is highly desirable.
Licenses, Certificates, or Registrations:
Possession of a valid California driver’s license.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
Interested individuals must submit the following:
• Calaveras County application
• Cover letter
Application materials will be reviewed to evaluate the specific qualifications of each applicant and determine which applicants will continue in the screening process. Incomplete application information will result in the candidate being screened out of the process. Those candidates identified as having qualifications best suited for the position will be invited to participate in the interview process.
County of Calaveras Human Resources & Risk Management Division, 891 Mountain Ranch Road, Building C , San Andreas, CA 95249, Office: (209) 754-6303, Fax: (209) 754-6333 email@example.com
Litigation Paralegal (Sacramento)
Downey Brand LLP seeks a Litigation Paralegal for its Sacramento office to work with various departments within the firm. This position requires a paralegal certificate and a minimum of 5 years’ experience with litigation procedures in a law firm setting. The person hired for this position will be expected to: perform research; manage documents in large, complex actions; assist firm attorneys with preparation and responding to discovery and motions; have significant involvement in discovery and preparing electronic administrative records; trial preparation; handle regulatory submittals; interact with co-counsel, opposing counsel, investigators, and various vendors; and other tasks as assigned by supervising attorneys.
Strong research skills are essential; experience with managing data in a database program such as Concordance, Summation, Relativity or Eclipse; skilled Adobe PDF Pro or similar PDF program; and proficiency in MS Office applications are required. This position requires exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills. A solid work ethic, impeccable attendance and punctuality, and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team are critical. A positive attitude, the ability to set priorities and to work under pressure, and the ability to establish a good rapport with firm attorneys and clients are vital.
Candidates not possessing a paralegal certificate or the required minimum experience, including experience with the programs referenced in this posting, will not be considered.
Qualified applicants may submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to Cindy Snook, Director of Human Resources, via the firm’s web application. No phone calls please. Downey Brand LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Web Application Link: https://lawcruit.micronapps.com/sup/lc_supp_app_frm.aspx?lawfirm=169&id=69.
Matheny Sears Linkert & Jaime is looking for a contract paralegal for approximately two months. Duties include but are not limited to preparing deposition summaries, page lines, medical record summaries, and discovery.
Please send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Virtual Contract Paralegal
A boutique Estate Planning and Personal Injury Law Firm seeks a contract Paralegal to assist on the Estate Planning side of the practice.
Work will include drafting estate plans using Wealth Counsel drafting program, research, writing, preparation of probate documents and preparation of court pleadings.
Estate Planning knowledge and superior writing skills required.
Compensation depends upon experience and quality of work. Hours 10+/- per week.
To apply: email cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com.
Have you been searching for an internship at a growing company with long-term potential? Look no further! You’ve discovered your chance to join the team at Civitas, the national leader in special districts. Our work helps revitalize and market commercial areas and raise millions of dollars every year for organizations throughout the nation. We are looking to add a creative, rockstar marketing intern to join our team. If you are a quick learner and always looking for ways to improve and innovate, we want to hear from you!
As our intern, you will have the opportunity to learn and grow your skills in small business marketing strategies, including:
-creating newsletters and email blasts
-contact database development and management
-research and data entry on potential clients
-social media management
-capitalizing on media coverage
-creating and distributing press releases
-and anything else you can dream up!
You’ll fit right into our team if you are:
If this sounds like the opportunity of your lifetime, send your resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcripts by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear why you’ll be our newest collaborator!
The technicalities: internship with potential for long-term retention; part-time position 15-20 hours per week with potential to grow; compensation starts at $10-13 per hour.
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR / PARALEGAL
Small Personal Injury Law practice is looking for an independent contractor to work for our busy office located in Roseville, CA. Experience with civil litigation and complex litigation is a huge plus. Most important skill is to be able to work independently. Hourly pay $15-$25/hour based on experience. Position includes both legal assistant and paralegal duties including, scheduling, drafting correspondence, compiling documents for discovery production, preparing judicial council forms, and general litigation handling. The more responsibility you can handle, the more I will give you. As an independent contractor, you pick your schedule. You work from home. Apple user preferred. Applicants can contact Jodi at 916-847-2431.
Corporate Services Coordinator
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
Location: Sacramento, CA
Orrick currently has an opening in our Sacramento office for a Corporate Services Coordinator.
Working under the supervision of Corporate Services Group Manager, attorneys and experienced legal assistants, this entry- level position supports the delivery of quality legal services to clients by performing technical and clerical tasks that require accuracy, attention to detail and strong organizational skills, strong written and oral communication skills and computer proficiency. The person hired for this position will work in a fast-paced environment and provide assistance to others in all aspects of the Corporate Services Group, focusing on the organization and maintenance of documents and transactional matters.
• Provide general assistance in coordinating transactions
• Assist in first steps of forming companies which includes confirming the availability of company name, preparation of drafts of organizational documents, set up of company minute book, and index and filing the necessary documents.
• Handle routine maintenance of company corporate records
• Prepare drafts of and file necessary state and federal forms and reports with appropriate governmental entities.
• Obtain documents from Secretary of State’s Office and Franchise Tax Board.
• Obtain and file documents with State regulatory agencies.
• Coordinate forms billing system for use in Corporate Services Group
• Maintain Secretary of State Corporate Account.
• Maintain Secretary of State UCC Prepay Account.
• Maintain Credit Cards for group. Process statements and prepare chart of charges.
• Maintain billing for Corporate Services Group. Process Corporate Services invoices through SCCSG Excel spreadsheet on the portal.
• Assists with documentation for Escrow Account.
• Processing Vendor Invoices.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• B.A. degree preferred
• No prior legal experience is needed, but prior office experience is preferred. This position is particularly well suited for individuals interested in gaining legal experience prior to attending law school or exploring a future career as a paralegal
• Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, telephone and written).
• Attention to detail a MUST
• Strong technical and computer skills
• Will need to work both independently and as a team player.
• Exhibit an aptitude to develop specific and detailed knowledge and understanding of complex issues and procedures
• Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
• Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to confidential matters.
• Ability and flexibility to work overtime
Orrick is a leading global law firm with a particular focus on serving companies in the technology, energy and financial sectors. We are recognized worldwide for delivering the highest-quality, commercially-oriented legal advice and for our culture of innovation and collaboration.
Our formula for success is simple—we provide the highest quality service to our clients and we hire the brightest and most talented individuals at every level. As an employer of choice we will provide our employees with challenging work, training opportunities, a supportive and team oriented culture, and the opportunity to work with the best talent in the legal profession.
Orrick offers a friendly work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits.
Please visit www.orrick.com for more information about the firm.
To submit your resume and cover letter for this position, please visit our Paralegal and Professional Staff listing at www.orrick.com/careers/. Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter. Submissions without salary expectations may not be considered. No phone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.