Looking for a Paralegal or legal support staff? To post a job listing with SVPA, click here.
CONTRACT PARALEGAL – PART TIME
We are a Personal Injury Law Practice in Roseville, CA. We are in need of a Contract Paralegal to process Discovery. Work from home communicating via telephone with clients, and DropBox to access files. Must be self motivated and be able to work independently to meet deadlines. We are looking for an experienced Paralegal/Legal Assistant that has been doing Discovery and knows the process.
Please email resume to Jls@sjdandassociates.com and text Jodi at 916-847-2431.
Litigation Docketing Specialist
Greenberg Traurig, a global law firm, currently has an excellent full-time employment opportunity in its Western Regional Docketing Center located in our Sacramento office. Our Sacramento docketing team provides centralized litigation docketing services utilizing ProLaw for our Sacramento, Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Orange County, Las Vegas and Denver offices. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Receive and review all electronic litigation mail items (incoming/outgoing) to assess docket status.
· Enter all litigation deadlines for our Western Regional firm litigations into a centralized docket system using rules-based calendaring (ProLaw).
· Proactive support to litigation teams to ensure all docketing deadlines are correct and integrated into the litigation teams’ Outlook calendars.
· Create and update case matters in ProLaw assigning litigation teams for automatic distribution of daily and weekly reports and accurate Outlook integration.
· Research filing deadlines for state and federal courts, as needed.
· Respond to inquiries from the litigation teams regarding docketed events, deadlines, and rules and provide specialty reports as needed to the teams.
· Assist with research regarding changes in court rules for assigned jurisdictions.
· Maintain and strive to improve processes and procedures to ensure accurate entry of calendar/docket dates.
· Promote the firm’s docketing policies and procedures through all communications with litigation teams.
Skills & Competencies
· Substantial experience computing deadlines for state, federal and appellate courts.
· Strong knowledge of litigation processes, court rules and procedures.
· Ability to research, analyze and summarize issues in writing and possess excellent attention to detail.
· Familiarity with various court websites, docket searching and document retrieval databases.
· Ability to work both independently and collaboratively and to build team relationships.
· Must be a self-starter and self-driven to meet deadlines and goals without prompting.
· Excellent communication skills with strong interpersonal skills.
· Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task and effectively adapt to changing deadlines.
· Strong computer skills and demonstrated proficiency in MS Office.
Qualifications and Prior Experience
· Minimum of 5 years of strong California and Federal litigation calendaring experience in a large law firm required.
· Prior experience with rules-based calendar systems (ProLaw or Compulaw software) preferred.
· Prior litigation legal secretary and/or paralegal experience preferred.
· Some college education preferred.
At Greenberg Traurig, we are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. It has been, and continues to be our goal, to foster a well-balanced workforce that contains a significant presence of minorities and women.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Estate Planning Paralegal
Small estate planning and probate law office in Rocklin seeks part-time paralegal. Position has potential to become full-time.
- Drafting estate planning documents and forms for probate, trust administration, conservatorship, and guardianship matters;
- Research and memo drafting;
- Direct contact with clients and institutions to gather information; and
- General administrative duties, including answering telephones, greeting clients, copying, scanning, filing, etc.
- Excellent grammar and spelling;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work well in a team. We are (currently) a three person office;
- Reliability, flexibility, and curiosity; and
- We use Word, Excel, Adobe, Outlook, Worldox, Clio, and other software. If you are unfamiliar with this software, the right applicant will be able to learn quickly with some guidance.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Elise.Baker@PlacerLaw.net.
Eager to join a well-established firm in downtown Sacramento law firm? Kronick Moskovitz Tiedemann & Girard is seeking an experienced litigation paralegal with 3-5 years of litigation and varied practice group experience, who works well with a team oriented group of people, is ambitious with great communication skills.
• Extensive knowledge of court rules; proven ability to propound and respond to discovery. Prepare cases for depositions, mediations and trials, as well as legal arguments and motion.
• Prepare legal documents, filings, and/or general correspondence with accuracy and precision. Review, analyze, and summarize large volumes of records and other voluminous documents. Prepare legal arguments, applications, declarations and motions.
• Effectively manage the demands of a large caseload while working independently with minimal supervision.
• Extremely detail-oriented; organized; excellent spelling and grammar skills and the ability to prioritize work flow.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written; and the ability to write and speak professionally.
• Proficiency with computer programs: MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe, and law firm specific software.
Required Education: Graduate of an approved ABA paralegal program.
Please forward your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kronick Moskovitz Tiedemann & Girard is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.